Friday, April 15, 2011

Almost a year?!

I suppose a good excuse for not writing is that my life is not all that exciting. I'm a poor college student who lives in the middle of nowhere (aka amongst the corn). I am interested in basically everything, much like any person in their early twenties.

The only thing that really is going on in my life is that I'm futilely job-searching. I'm from a town almost as small as the one I go to school in, and my tiny network in a large city has recently been no help. I am completely lost as to where my life is going. I am contemplating Grad school, which is ridiculous considering the infectious Senioritis I am currently suffering from. Then again, what the heck else am I going to do? I am on multiple job search sites daily. Between the obvious all-caps, too many exclamation-point-using questionable posts and the 3-5 years experience "entry-level" jobs, I could scream.

Employers, here's a small amount of advice from a job-seeker. I am not going to apply for you job that looks like this:

ENTRY LEVEL ENTRY LEVEL ENTRY LEVEL MARKETING/SALES, NO EXP. NEEDED!!!!! APPLY NOW!!! TRAINING AVAILABLE!!!! Are you a team player? self-starter? Blah Company is looking for young talent JUST LIKE YOU! Spaces fill immediately!

Honestly, if you write a job post like that, I automatically think that you aren't even a real company but some creepy pyramid scheme or something.

Then there is the "entry-level" job that requires 5 years of experience. If I am at an entry-level position after 5 years of experience, I'll be leaving that company. Really? 5 years? Don't list as entry level if you don't want entry level.

Bah! You should all hire me to write your job postings. You need me.


No comments:

Post a Comment