Monday, June 16, 2014

Weight loss on the 21 Day Fix

My motivation is many things, but in the beginning, I started my weight loss journey so that I could love my body/self. I have since realized that yes, looks matter for self-love and body image and confidence, but I had NO IDEA what noticing small changes, that have nothing to so with looks, would do for my confidence. 


Through the 21 day Fix workouts and supporting nutrition, I have grown an appreciation for all that my body is capable of. I marvel at my feet for holding my balance during yoga. I am impressed by my legs for holding a sumo squat without failing. My arms have held me up when my brain was certain I would fall. My motivation is myself. 


I'm so lucky to have this fully functioning, growing-stronger-each-day body, and I'm finally ready to take care of it, at every stage. Fitness is a mental game too, and I'm there. 21 Day Fix was the right mix to get me started. Now I continue because it FEELS GREAT! I'm not to my magic number, but I know I'll get to a place where my body is healthy, and that's enough for me. 


Me and this body of mine, we got this. Every cell a on board now, we cannot be stopped!

1 comment: