Sunday, September 13, 2009

Into the Swing of Things

My junior year of college is in full swing with one week down, 32 to go until I am a senior. The thought of being where I am today has kind of crept up on me.

I recall being a freshman, doing not much other than homework and sitting around. I can’t believe I ever wasted time like that. Last year, I joined Alpha Xi Delta (AXD), became more active in Public Relations Student Society of America, and made the Dean’s list. All the while, I was holding two officer positions in AXD and getting into an exercise routine. I now am experiencing all of these, plus an enriched social life and preparing for sorority formal recruitment in my junior year. College is strange in the way of getting involved. We must build up and tear down a few times to find where we really fit.

I think this year will be my favorite, much like in high school. Juniors or third years have a type of advantage that other classes really do not have. Juniors usually know where they are comfortable on campus, usually have a core group of associations to take part in, have the status of an upperclassman, but do not have the stresses of capstone projects and job searching like seniors have. I will hopefully be traveling to San Diego, California to participate in PRSA International Conference http://www.prsa.org/ic2009/index.html, which will be the trip of a lifetime for me. I also plan to run for vice president of PRSSA soon. Toward the end of the school year I will be running for the office of president in AXD or firm director in PRSSA, or maybe both. I have a lot in store for myself this year, and I cannot wait to get started. I am excited and ready to tackle this year and come out on top.

Go, me!

No comments:

Post a Comment