Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Back to Ada... Almost.

Here I am, 37,000feet in the air over Arkansas, writing a blog post. Technology is so cool. I am headed home from PRSSA National Conference in San Diego. I loved Conference and I fell in love with the city of San Diego too. Conference is now among my top greatest experiences. I learned so much more about the profession of public relations, and along the way, I met some great professionals and students. Oh, and the city of San Diego was pretty cool too. My group made sure to go sightseeing a bit in between our sessions and such. I am so excited to go to conference again next year in D.C.

I am really proud of the fact that the ONU PRSSA took 10 students, at least a third of our chapter, and that everyone attended all of the sessions. My fellow members of Ohio Northern University's PRSSA are an amazing group of students, and I am happy to be one of them. I am so impressed that PRSSA chapters from across the nation gathered over 1,000 students in San Diego. The talent of some of these aspiring professionals is baffling. The public relations profession is without doubt going to benefit and continue to grow in the hands of this generation of students.

Through PRSSA National Conference, I gained the experience of a lifetime. I took my first trip on an airplane, my farthest trip from home, I gained many new friends and contacts in PRSSA from across the country, I created contacts with professionals, and I absorbed information about the PR profession like a sponge. Students of ONU PRSSA and of PRSSA from all over the nation, listen to me when I say, GO TO CONFERENCE. I have earned so many benefits from my experience, I will definitely be going back next year. I hope to see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment