Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Public Back in PR

Reading Gillin's The New Influencers this week, I read chapter 7 in which David Meerman Scott's electronic book, The New Rules of PR: How to create a press release strategy for reaching buyers directly. I used the e-book as a source on a research paper once, so I was familiar with the content. Scott's idea is very forward-thinking and PR people should heed his advice.

Finding reasons to send press releases all the time rather than just when news happens is a novel idea, but don't take the "all the time" too seriously, or you could become annoying. Really, I think a good blog with keywords and tags and great content is more effective.

"Social media is PR's turn to shine."

I love this idea. I love that PR people are open and willing enough to be the users and the influencers and find out how we can really use these tools to better our field.

No comments:

Post a Comment