Monday, October 5, 2009

Bid Day

For women in Greek organizations, Bid Day is one of the best days EVER. This year, I got to experience my first Bid Day as a sister rather than a new member, and I loved every minute. The weather was cold, we were riding in trucks, we were soaked to the bone by the Fraternities but I couldn't have been more excited. Today, I felt like I had whiplash and couldn't turn to my left unless I turned at my waist, but after a great Alpha Xi sister let me use her heating pad and another warned me about my medicine taking, I am feeling a little better.




The very best part of Bid Day is getting new members. I am so ecstatic to be able to share the love and secrets of Alpha Xi Delta with these girls who of all the sororities, chose to join mine. I imagine that almost every Greek girl feels the same about her own chapter and new members. My new members seem so excited to be around and because of that, I am more and more excited the more I get to know them.




I wish that every woman could experience Greek life and find what I have found in A-XI-D. For now, I will focus on my new girls, but next, the world.






No comments:

Post a Comment