Sunday, October 25, 2009

What’s up in PR? ONU is!

Professionals and students in public relations are anxiously awaiting their respective International and National Conferences in San Diego, California (PRSSA http://www.prssa.org/conference/) (PRSA http://www.prsa.org/IC2009/) . In two weeks, we will all be headed to beautiful California to meet, greet and learn from one another about our awesome career paths. Because conferences are so quickly approaching, Public Relations Society of America has announced their award winners for this year. So at Ohio Northern, our Public Relations students have been glowing with pride over our beloved professor, Dr. Steve Iseman, APR, Fellow for his “Outstanding Educator of the Year” award. We have always known that he is outstanding, but seeing that he is being recognized through a prestigious award is pretty cool. Now, everyone knows how awesome Dr. Iseman is!

The Outstanding Educator Award is tough to earn. The Award recognizes a PRSA member who has made a significant contribution to the advancement of public relations education. Dr. Iseman makes the 39th educator to ever win the award. The criteria to receive Outstanding Educator is that the individual must be nominated and must show excellence in teaching, research, involvement with students and involvement in the profession of public relations. Congratulations, Dr. Iseman, your students appreciate all of your hard work!

Here are some articles about Dr. Iseman:
Faculty Focus
http://www-new.onu.edu/node/16530
PRSA Fellow
http://www-new.onu.edu/node/14951

3 comments:

  1. Very cool! You should open your blog to followers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doesn't it make you so super proud of our program? I look back and think how, when I was applying to schools, I didn't really care where I went or what I majored in, but I think about where fate has brought me and I'm so thankful. Our little department and the people in it are perfect for me. Yay ONU PR!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Natalyn: I feel the same way. I had no idea what I was getting into at ONU, but I am glad I this is where I ended up.

    ReplyDelete