Sunday, October 11, 2009

Homecoming Weekend

Life at ONU has been pretty exciting for me lately. I just got some amazing new members in Alpha Xi Delta, funraising efforts for PRSSA National Conference are going well, and this weekend was homecoming! Of course alumnae and friends began filling campus and the surrounding areas on Friday, and the buzz of a busy campus had everyone excited. Students and alums blended together well this weekend from what I could see.

My homecoming weekend was pretty similar to the ones in my past. On Friday, I made sure to socialize, saw some old friends and reminised, and made some new friends too. Then I woke up early to help put together the Alpha Xi float (always a good time). This year Alpha Xi's float won second place! Later, I hung around with some Alpha Xi alumae at our Teddybear Tea. I had a really good time meeting old sisters and hearing their stories and looking at scrapbooks to see them point out a photograph and say, "Oh, I remember this!" Saturday evening, I enjoyed the spoils of a victory on homecoming weekend and socialized even more.

Today I mostly napped. I have had a head cold bubbling under the surface since formal recruitment, and today is the day the germs seem to be winning. I'm hoping that my immune system can get the defense together and go for a win soon.

I had my third ONU homecoming this weekend and I hope to have many more in the future. The excitment and the strange large amount of people in Ada makes me happy. All in all, I had a great weekend here at Ohio Northern.

No comments:

Post a Comment