Monday, October 26, 2009

So, How Was Your Weekend?

On Mondays, it seems to be customary to ask about others' weekends. When people asked me about my weekend, I reflected and recognized that I had a really great weekend at Ohio Northern.

On Friday, I stayed in and tried to get some homework done. I failed miserably at doing my homework and instead, went to Taco Bell and watched "Halloween" with some of my house mates. I had a great time getting into the Halloween mood, although, I had to comfort my friend Liz, who doesn't "do well" with scary movies.

Saturday was extra busy. I went to a pumpkin patch with the Alpha Xi's and our new members; we got to ride a cute little train! After returning to campus after the train ride, I started getting ready for Kappa Phi formals. I was my room mate's date. After we were dressed and ready, we went with some friends to Applebee's for pre-formals dinner. (Yeah, 2 for 20!) Finally, we headed to SoSerene, a banquet hall in Wapakoneta, Ohio. I had one look around and fell in love with this place. Not to mention how very helpful the owners are. After seeing this place, I honestly said that I wanted to have Alpha Xi formals there, too. The hall is a gorgeous pool house overlooking a pond, complete with amazing view and impressive patio space outside. Seriously, check this place out! http://www.soserene.net/index.html

When guests began arriving, the party really started. We had great music and great friends all around, and of course the beautiful surroundings. After a good long night of dancing, I caught up with some other friends to tell them about my night. More good times were had all around.

The next day my room mate, my house mates, and I all spent most of the day chatting about our nights and sharing inside jokes. No one really wanted to do anything but enjoy the company, you know? So Sunday night was when I finally got some work done, and some today too. All in all, a great weekend with my very best friends here at ONU.

No comments:

Post a Comment